Note: Try uploading with the normal uploading process first. If your internet connection is fast and stable enough, the normal uploader will be a lot quicker. If the upload fails with the normal upload, then try the Flow uploader.
When uploading large files using a browser, it is possible that the upload times out after some time.
To help with this, a special option has been provided in the upload interface.
- First, navigate to https://files.indica.nl and select your certificate. Then log in using your credentials.
- When logged in, look for the icon "FlowUpload" in the top menu bar and click on it.
- On the page that opens, click the "Select File" and pick the file to be uploaded.
- The file(s) will be displayed in the table below. Finally, click the "Upload/Resume all" button to start uploading.
- The files will be uploaded to your home directory in the folder called "FlowUpload".
Note: the file will only be shown there once the upload is fully finished.
- When the upload is done, navigate to the folder "FlowUpload" from your home directory.
- Move the file to the correct case folder using the "Move or Copy" button.
- Choose the target folder. This is the case folder for which the files are needed.
Note: you may need to click the house icon to navigate to the home folder.
- When the correct folder is found, choose "Move to _____" where the line is the name of your case folder.
If questions arise using this way of uploading files, please create a support ticket for further assistance.