Make sure you have a properly configured Active Directory connection.
- Go to manage → Datasources → E-mail
- Scroll down to 'EWS Accounts'
- Enter the following items per account (note: you can have one account to index everything, see Exchange and O365 pages to configure this):
- source: url of EWS server
- username: usually in <username>@<domain name> format
- folders to index (* will do all folders, optional to comma-separate wanted folders like "INBOX, SENT ITEMS" too)
- expand will allow indica to index other accounts the user has rights to as well (important for system accounts!)
- archive will allow indica to index the archive stores as well (this needs to be properly configured within Exchange)
Note: when using a system account, expand needs to be checked!
User rights and mapping
User rights will be resolved automatically. Every user will have access to mails in which they appear in to: from: cc: bcc: or resolved groups. If needed, a user can have extra rights by selecting the user in the drop-down list, adding email addresses and pressing 'save'.
For auditing purposes, a * (wildcard) might be added to allow access to all email. Please note this might be against company policy or even the law.