Connecting to Exchange/EWS/O365 accounts
Created by: Anna Makhova
Modified on: Thu, 11 Apr, 2019 at 2:33 PM
Make sure you have a properly configured Active Directory connection.
- Go to manage → Datasources → E-mail
- Scroll down to 'EWS Accounts'
- Enter the following items per account (note: you can have one account to index everything, see Exchange and O365 pages to configure this):
- source: url of EWS server
- username: usually in <username>@<domain name> format
- folders to index (* will do all folders, optional to comma-separate wanted folders like "INBOX, SENT ITEMS" too)
- expand will allow indica to index other accounts the user has rights to as well (important for system accounts!)
- archive will allow indica to index the archive stores as well (this needs to be properly configured within Exchange)
Note: when using a system account, expand needs to be checked!
User rights and mapping
User rights will be resolved automatically. Every user will have access to mails in which they appear in to: from: cc: bcc: or resolved groups. If needed, a user can have extra rights by selecting the user in the drop-down list, adding email addresses and pressing 'save'.
For auditing purposes, a * (wildcard) might be added to allow access to all email. Please note this might be against company policy or even the law.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.