System Requirements for
For proper performance of the INDICA platform you need at least one (virtual) host with:
- Internet access (IP/DNS/GW configured)
- A minimum of 12 cores (more cores preferred, speed must be 'enough', processors not older than 3 years). When indexing over 2 TB, 24 cores should be available.
- A minimum of 24GB RAM. When indexing over 2 TB: 128GB RAM (256GB preferred)
- A minimum of 1Tb of HDD space, but 1.5Tb is preferred when indexing Mail, Sharepoint, other cloud services, INDICA needs at least 15% internal disk space of the to be indexed data volume.
- Service account with read-only rights to everything that needs to be accessed (AD/LDAP/DB/Applications/shares/etc.etc.)
- In case of archive/email, added storage in line with amount of data
NOTE: INDICA runs on most Hypervisors. In case of Hyper-V, please note that issues may arise with volume shadow copy. When running VMware, please have version 6.0 or higher available.
If large amounts of images need to be OCR'd more cores and RAM need to be added. Also of course, the storage needs to be expanded as more sources have to be indexed.
Cores and RAM can scaled up or out on multiple nodes.
Furthermore, the following information needs to be at hand:
- IP address and account details of the Indica appliance
- Details of directory access (for AD: domain/username, LDAP: full DN) including IP address
- Overview of data to be indexed (types, shares, DB, applications, server names/IP's, which data, ports, account details)
- If possible, which data is relevant? (e.g. customer details/addresses or contact details/email addresses)
INDICA has been installed successfully and performs normally on:
- Physical machines
- VMware ESX
- HyperV instances
- Virtualbox VM's